I’m a big fan of lists, and an even bigger fan of life lists. Inspired by Nicole Balch of Making It Lovely, I decided to put together my own list of things to do before turning the big 3-0 next February. I borrowed a few items from my life list. All told, this list feels ambitious, but what better to end my 20s and usher in my 30s.
1. Pay down the credit card.
2. Update the blog at least once a week.
3. Lose the last five pounds.
4. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and make a plan to get there.
5. Fly Mom up to visit.
6. Back up photos and writing.
7. Start planning and training for the Wonderland Trail.
8. Learn how to dance.
9. Learn outdoor sport climbing.
10. Build and design a website.
11. Donate clothes I don’t wear and replace them with fun, new clothes.
12. Summer vacation in Texas.
13. Go whale watching.
14. Clam digging.
16. Bonfire at Golden Gardens on 4th of July.
17. Climb Monkey Face in Bend, OR.
18. Go blonde for summer.
19. Replace my million year old bathing suit.
20. Plant an herb garden.
21. Makeover Dave’s office.
22. Get a new mattress.
23. Frame photos for the hallway.
24. Learn to play poker well.
25. Buy myself flowers once a week for a month.
26. Send thank you notes to teachers who inspired me.
27. Find a better way to organize/store our CD collection.
28. Take a cooking class.
29. Do at least one of the DIY projects I’ve “pinned.”
30. Learn stand up paddle boarding.