Are you looking for a seasoned writer or editor? Back in September I launched my official website, and I’m currently accepting new clients. My formal education in journalism combined with my love of web publishing allows me to take on a wide range of projects. So, check out the website, drop me a line, and tell your friends! I want to work for you.
If there was ever a reason to be absent for a while this is it! After nine and a half years of adventure, we decided to extend our good times indefinitely. We’ve set a date, picked a venue, put together a guest list, and now my head is spinning with wedding and honeymoon plans. I think my brain has turned into tulle and is sprouting peonies and oversized balloons. Feel free to follow along with the madness here and here.
Aside from that, I’m working on getting my freelance writing and editing business up and running. Stay tuned for more details in the near future.
We’re heading north to Squamish, BC for the weekend to learn how to climb on actual rock, as opposed to that artificial stuff at our local indoor climbing gym. We love you, VW, but it’s time to expand our horizons.
In the meantime, I thought I’d leave you guys with a few of my favorite things lately…
- It seems like everyone is as obsessed with Pinterest as I am these days, and now there are lots of cool shops adding to the fun. I’m really digging the boards from BHLDN and West Elm. I wonder if they would consider hiring a professional pinner…
- I still can’t stop thinking about terrariums. There are so many great DIY tutorials out there, but this one really speaks to my inner child.
- Charlie and Lily need a new scratcher STAT. This scratch-friendly lounger combines form and function. And it’s on sale!
I’m a big fan of lists, and an even bigger fan of life lists. Inspired by Nicole Balch of Making It Lovely, I decided to put together my own list of things to do before turning the big 3-0 next February. I borrowed a few items from my life list. All told, this list feels ambitious, but what better to end my 20s and usher in my 30s.
1. Pay down the credit card.
2. Update the blog at least once a week.
3. Lose the last five pounds.
4. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and make a plan to get there.
5. Fly Mom up to visit.
6. Back up photos and writing.
7. Start planning and training for the Wonderland Trail.
8. Learn how to dance.
9. Learn outdoor sport climbing.
10. Build and design a website.
11. Donate clothes I don’t wear and replace them with fun, new clothes.
12. Summer vacation in Texas.
13. Go whale watching.
14. Clam digging.
16. Bonfire at Golden Gardens on 4th of July.
17. Climb Monkey Face in Bend, OR.
18. Go blonde for summer.
19. Replace my million year old bathing suit.
20. Plant an herb garden.
21. Makeover Dave’s office.
22. Get a new mattress.
23. Frame photos for the hallway.
24. Learn to play poker well.
25. Buy myself flowers once a week for a month.
26. Send thank you notes to teachers who inspired me.
27. Find a better way to organize/store our CD collection.
28. Take a cooking class.
29. Do at least one of the DIY projects I’ve “pinned.”
30. Learn stand up paddle boarding.