These are my top five favorite websites for finding creative, fun ways to spruce up the place:
- Fab.com – Fab features great deals from fabulous designers. You can find a bargain on just about anything – from clothing to pet accessories – but I love browsing their home goods section the most, naturally.
- Gilt.com – Gilt offers major discounts on designer labels to its members. Just one catch though: great deals go fast. If there’s something you have in mind, you have to log in early or you could be out of luck.
- Etsy.com – I’m always surprised when I meet someone who’s never heard of Etsy. This is a great place to support small businesses while finding the exact thing you never knew you needed. Also, it eliminates the thing I hate about antique stores and resale shops: rummaging. Hello, Vintage English Deckchair!
- OneKingsLane.com – Like Gilt and Fab, One Kings Lane offers deep discounts gorgeous home goods. You can probably find bowls like these at Anthropologie for quadruple the price.
- BallardDesigns.com – Ballard Designs is more understated than other home goods websites I listed, but I still come across great pieces here. The lotus garden seat would really dress up my balcony. And I just can’t get enough jute lately.